Friday, 5 August 2011

The Cottage.

Sally has a different idea about where the cottage where the wedding Party are staying is to myself, but she has done Ok after her initial lapse and I like the idea of giving her a chance to prove herself. She is not as daft a she looks, in that she sense it is dark, and takes us for a joy ride round aseries of rarely visited roads, before depositing us exactly at our agreed destination at the agreed time. (I still suspect we have bought the version normally sold to taxi drivers for making an extra buck or two out of their directionally inept overseas clients, but we have no proof of this as yet.) James and Nads have arrived in two seven seater people carriers, and have in fairness squeezed in a lot of bridesmaids parents siblings and other matrimonial trivia/essentials. It is lovely to catch up with them all, and despite their tiredness we are made very welcome. Jacques is the perfect host, allowing Martin to beat him at Table Tennis, and rub salt in to the open wound by thrashing his father. I have to agree with Jacques the bats do make it hard to control the ball. We are making lods of new friends, and the hours pass quickly.
Anyhow, the place looked lovely (as indeed I do in the dark,) and will doubtless get a chance to live up to that reputation in the daylight this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment